Year 2 2020 - 2021
Deputy Headteacher - Y2 Teacher
We hope you are all enjoying the (wet) October half term. Please see the letter in the 'files to download' regarding the phonics screen that will take place in our class next half term. There is also a document with some real and nonsense words to look at which is exactly the same as they are set out in the screen.
Here are some websites and games to play to support mental maths in Y2
Games for specific topics
- Number recognition – using top marks there are two games called helicopter blast off or blast off
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/blast-off this also covers counting on and back from a given number
- Ordering numbers – using ICT games called counting caterpillar https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/countingCaterpillar/
- Addition, subtraction, number bonds, doubles and halves – ICT games called funky mummy or top marks a game called hit the button
- Comparing numbers – using maths frame a game called comparing numbers using dienes
- Place value – top marks two games one game called place value charts and the other place value basketball
- Odd and even numbers – using top marks two games one game called coconut odd or even and the other carroll diagrams odd and even
- Number facts and mental maths skills – using top marks a game called number fact families, mental maths train or daily 10 or bbc bitesize and a game called guardian defenders of mathematica
Please see our Autumn 1 newsletter below in the 'Files to download' section.
Hello Year 2's,
We hope you have all had a lovely summer and are really looking forward to seeing you all back in school on Wednesday. We have some fantastic topics planned for this year and can't wait to share them with you!
Our start time is 8:45am and we finish at 3pm. This is through the entrance near the bus stop.
Please can you bring in the home learning we set at the beginning of the summer for us to display some in the classroom?
Just a reminder the only things you can bring into school is your water bottle (filled with water) and a lunch box. Fruit snacks will still be provided by school for playtime.
Our PE days and Tuesdays and Thursdays so they are the days you need to come in your kit.
Mrs McDonald and Mrs Robinson
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display