Reading for Pleasure
Welcome to the page of all things reading!
Our class book at the moment is Wonder by R.J. Palacio
You might have seen the film that's been made based on the book or some of the books that have followed the original story:
What are you reading at the moment?
I love to know what you're reading at the moment - a really good adventure story, a funny joke book, a fascinating fact-filled information book - please let me know at school and add it onto your personal card in the Reading Area! You might inspire someone else to read it after you've finished...
Miss Harley is currently reading The Salt Path by Raynor Winn and Brightstorm by Vashti Hardy.
Some great reading resources:
- Look at the Book Trust website for online story videos, online books and activities - Book Trust
- Virtual school library on Oak National Academy - author of the week - Virtual school library
- Libby app - connects to our local library and lets you borrow and read free e-books and audio books - Libby
- Explore Children's Poetry Archive for some great poems
- First News - online newspapers - First News live
- Take a look at the Oxford Owl website which has lots of free ebooks and tips
- Have a look at this helpful leaflet for ways to support reading at home Supporting Readers at Home
Fancy a challenge?
Try this book based bingo game! Book Bingo
Can you complete the Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt?
If you've finished a book, why not fill in a book review to tell other people about it? Book Review template